As an Independent Conservative I will be voting for Mitt Romney because on day one job one for President Romney will be:
Five Bills For Day one:
- The American Competitiveness Act — Reduces the corporate income tax rate to 25 percent.
- The Open Markets Act — Reinstates the president’s Trade Promotion Authority to facilitate negotiation of new trade agreements.
- The Domestic Energy Act — Directs the Department of the Interior to undertake a comprehensive survey of American energy reserves in partnership with exploration companies and initiates leasing in all areas currently approved for exploration.
- The Retraining Reform Act — Consolidates the sprawl of federal retraining programs and returns funding and responsibility for these programs to the states.
- The Down Payment on Fiscal Sanity Act — Immediately cuts non-security discretionary spending by 5 percent, reducing the annual federal budget by $20 billion.
Five Executive Orders For Day One
- An order to Pave the Way to End ObamaCare — Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services and all relevant federal officials to return the maximum possible authority to the states to innovate and design health care solutions that work best for them.
- An order to Cut Red Tape –Directs all agencies to immediately initiate the elimination of Obama-era regulations that unduly burden the economy or job creation, and then caps annual increases in regulatory costs at zero dollars.
- An order to Boost Domestic Energy Production –Directs the Department of the Interior to implement a process for rapid issuance of drilling permits to developers with established safety records seeking to use pre-approved techniques in pre-approved areas.
- An order to Sanction China for Unfair Trade Practices –Directs the Department of the Treasury to list China as a currency manipulator in its biannual report and directs the Department of Commerce to assess countervailing duties on Chinese imports if China does not quickly move to float its currency.
- An order to Empower American Businesses and Workers –Reverses the executive orders issued by President Obama that tilt the playing field in favor of organized labor, including the one encouraging the use of union labor on major government construction projects.